mardi 19 mars 2024

BRIAN MULRONEY AND HIS LOVE FOR MONTREAL-

BRIAN MULRONEY AND HIS LOVE FOR MONTREAL - 
By Bernard Bujold-
Brian Mulroney loved Montreal, but he also had a soft spot for his condo in West Palm Beach (Donald Trump's neighbor...). 

I often ran into Brian when he was in Montreal, and the last time was in early 2020 at Place Ville-Marie, where he had his office at Norton Rose Fulbright. During this last meeting, Brian had bumped into me in the elevator, but he had to wait until we got off to chat for a few minutes, as all the other passengers in the elevator took turns greeting him... 
Brian Mulroney had asked about my life and my family he had known in 1984. He said he was leaving for Florida the following week to join Mila... 
That was a few months before the COVID crisis of 2020 and, to my great sadness, I never saw him again. But every time I pass by Place Ville-Marie, I think of Brian Mulroney... 
https://www.canada.ca/fr/patrimoine-canadien/commemoration/brian-mulroney/funerailles-etat.html?fbclid=IwAR0cH8tNQ8VIs_HO3rwD1G3zmPmeH0_2foPcHl9DfBgEzk47nM7uC4qXMq8

Aucun commentaire: