jeudi 21 mars 2024

BRIAN MULRONEY - LIE-IN-REPOSE

BRIAN MULRONEY - LIE-IN-REPOSE -
By Bernard Bujold - 
There are three events I very rarely attend: crowds, weddings, and funerals... In fact, when I die, I don't want any funerals except to have my ashes thrown into the sea in Gaspésie, in front of the church and cemetery of my native village! 
However, I made an exception for Brian, and also out of respect for Mila, an exceptional woman whom I love dearly. So I went to the funeral chapel for Brian Mulroney at the Irish church, St. Patrick's Basilica on René Lévesque Boulevard in Montreal. 
Not an exceptional church from the outside, hidden between skyscrapers, but grandiose on the inside, with magnificent woodwork. It was also the church of one of Canada's Fathers of Confederation, Thomas D'Arcy McGee. The final religious ceremony will take place on Saturday at 11 a.m. at Notre-Dame Basilica in Old Montreal and will be broadcast on Facebook, YouTube, and major Montreal TV networks. https://www.canada.ca/fr/patrimoine-canadien/commemoration/brian-mulroney/funerailles-etat.html?

Aucun commentaire: