lundi 11 mars 2024

THE LONELINESS OF WINTER 2024...

THE LONELINESS OF WINTER 2024... 
By Bernard Bujold - 
Week after week, we learn that characters from our lives have left us for another world. People like Paul Houde and Brian Mulroney, including all those who preceded and followed them. Neighbors, friends, relatives and others! 
I discussed death with some friends at the traditional dinner last weekend (March 9, 2024): how did all these characters experience their departure from life? 
In my opinion, death is loneliness, and no one can share that situation. Some say that death is like turning off the light. Death is an end, or a beginning if you believe in a religion. Some say you should die surrounded by loved ones and friends, and that death will be so sweet! I imagine that agony is sweeter when you're surrounded by love, but death remains solitude, in my opinion! Of course, these are just opinions, because, in reality, no living person has ever experienced death... And then there's the kind of death! Dying for a heart attack seems to be less painful than having to live through the long agony of cancer or another disease. 
When I die, I'd like my ashes to be thrown into the sea in my native Gaspé village, opposite my childhood church and the local cemetery where my father and mother are buried. But since I'll be dead, my surviving children and friends will do as they please, because I won't be around... 
In the end, death and life are like the winter of 2024 ending. It's the end of one season, but another will soon take its place. 
To be continued! 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=bernard.bujold&set=a.10168515112995541

Aucun commentaire: