mardi 23 août 2022

MARCEL BRISEBOIS (1933-2022)

MARCEL BRISEBOIS (1933-2022) - 
By Bernard Bujold -
Marcel Brisebois, professor, television host and museum director, passed away on August 18 at the age of 83. 
I did not know him intimately but I met him on several occasions and I was always impressed by the meetings. 
The first time was in 1991 when I had approached him to be the president of the René Lévesque Foundation that I was working to set up. He had refused but had suggested names... 
Later, I would see him often when he was the boss at the Musée d'art contemporain of the chief curator Manon Blanchette, the spouse of my then boss Pierre Péladeau. 
Finally, one day I ran into Marcel in an apartment building at the corner of La Montagne and Sherbrooke streets to find that he was the next door neighbor of my then lover... 
I was shocked in June 2015 when he was accused of sexual assaults that allegedly occurred between the 1960s and 1980s... 
Marcel Brisebois was a man of stature and society; a pillar of the Quebec cultural milieu. Every time I pass by the Musée d'Art Contemporain de Montréal, I think of him... 
Rest in peace dear Marcel! 

Aucun commentaire: