mercredi 17 août 2022

CATHOLIC VIRTUE IN 2022...

CATHOLIC VIRTUE IN 2022... 
By Bernard Bujold - 
The least we can say is that the allegations against Cardinal Marc Ouellet have shaken the temple of the Roman Catholic Church... The Quebec Cardinal was even in the running in March 2013 to be the current Pope, but he didn't make the cut! Did rumors of inappropriate sexual acts influence the other Cardinals? It is said that Cardinal Ouellet has a long-standing reputation for being very warm-hearted by nature... 
One can also put forward the opinion that the problem of the Catholic Church is celibacy. We should do as the Protestants do and allow priests and bishops to have spouses... 
After the First Nations who demand financial compensation for the residential schools and now numerous lawsuits for sexual acts committed by priests; the only option for the Canadian Catholic Church will be financial bankruptcy, because there won't be enough money to pay everyone... 
And to think that I personally grew up in a presbytery in Gaspésie where my aunt was the cook and housekeeper of the good priest, a Canon. It was a very beautiful time in my life and the respected Canon never showed any disrespect towards me or my family. 
He even wanted me to become a priest! Who knows, if I had accepted, I might have ended up somewhere in Rome at the Vatican... with of course my faithful Ulysses! 
To be continued! 

SEE CARDINAL MARC OUELLET'S ALBUM 

See La Presse 

Aucun commentaire: