mardi 3 mai 2022

THE IDOLS OF THE PEOPLE - GUY LAFLEUR (1951-2022)

THE IDOLS OF THE PEOPLE - GUY LAFLEUR (1951-2022) -
By Bernard Bujold-
Like most people, I have idols! Over the years, some have held up well to admiration, but others less so... The most recent example of an idol failure is tennis champion Boris Becker, the idol of the world in the years 1985 to 1995. Last week he was sent to prison for fraud... 
Idols are always changing! 
I did not know Guy Lafleur and I had never met him, but he was the idol of many Quebecers and hockey fans. When he was alive, he was also criticized a lot and he had problems in court with his son. 
In the end, an idol is an illusion. It's like God, if you believe in him, he exists and it's this belief that makes him a reality for believers. 
In the end for me, my idol is Ulysses... 
Rest in peace Guy Lafleur 

Aucun commentaire: