mardi 24 mai 2022

THE LAWYERS AND THEIR BILLS

LAWYERS AND THEIR BILLS... 
By Bernard Bujold - 
Observers of legal news have learned about the bill of more than 1 million dollars in legal fees for the divorce of Pierre-Karl Péladeau against Julie Snyder. The bills for lawyers and notaries are difficult to manage and if there is one thing that is certain, it is that legal services are expensive and always higher than expected... 
-I know a young woman who wants to divorce her husband, but her lawyer is asking her for 6,000$ as a deposit just to open a file... 
-I have a friend who hired a notary for a simple transaction that was supposed to cost 1,000$, but it cost 5,000$ without any complication in the file... 
-Personally, when I was divorced in 1995, I hired a young lawyer who had just graduated thinking that she would save me money. At her first session in front of the judge, she panicked to the point of breaking out in hives... My boss and friend, Pierre Péladeau, Pierre-Karl's father, generously offered me the services of his own lawyer and I was able to save my furniture. I wanted to refuse to pay the rookie lawyer, but like PKP, I was sued, in my case in small claims court, and I had to pay the incompetent lawyer. 
If there is a conclusion, it is that you have to be rich to use the law, otherwise it is better not to get married and avoid conflicts... 

Aucun commentaire: