lundi 18 juillet 2022

ADVENTURES AT THE GYM

ADVENTURES AT THE GYM... 
By Bernard Bujold -
I've been going to the gym every day since I was 14 years old when my inspiration was Ben Weider, who would become my friend during the last years of his life. Ben and his brother Joe were the ones who sponsored Arnold Schwarzenegger's immigration to the United States. 
Going to a gym often leads to all kinds of adventures! 
For me, I currently attend a gym that is open to a group of about 100 residents in the same building. It's more private than a mall gym, but the difference is sometimes small... 
For example, during the entire coronavirus crisis, reservations had to be made the day before for a one-hour individual use period the following day. Since the gym was open from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m., with 15 minutes of air time between each period, there was a maximum possibility of 14 daily reservations. The lines in front of the security guard when the reservation book was opened were a sight to behold. As one resident noted, it was like being at a Club Med restaurant! 
After the facility returned to normal and the reservations were out in April 2022, strangely enough, no one asked to use the gym anymore, whereas during the months of reservations, people were constantly complaining about the lack of availability and fighting to reserve the time they preferred. 
But the difficulties did not stop and out of the 20 or so people who continued to use the gym, recently in the spring, a couple of users wanted to work out with the lights off and prevent those who came after them from turning on the lights! The couple said that they wanted to meditate by practicing in the dark. The management had to write a new rule stating that the lights in the gym were installed to turn them on! 
My last adventure was a little more difficult to manage and I had to use my own imagination. 
A user, who likes to work out on the treadmill at the same time as me, around noon, uses a perfume that I really don't like... You can't tell someone that their perfume smells bad, because perfume smells are a matter of personal taste! The solution: I went back to wearing a covid mask to block the smell! 
Of course, there are several training partners who are fun to be around and with whom it's a pleasure to share a moment with and not everything is a problem at the gym, otherwise I would have changed my routine. 
In the end, I always try not to get into too many physical fights, especially if the unpleasant users are bigger than me, and I share my shelter, willingly or unwillingly... 
And to compensate for the sometimes difficult days of adventures in the gym, I allow myself a period of relaxation in the garden of the manor, set up just in front of the gym, with its pond and its fountain! 
As the English say: "It is what it is..." - (That's what life is!) 
Have a good summer 2022 and good training! 
SEE PHOTOS 

Aucun commentaire: