lundi 31 mai 2021

MICHEL BRULÉ AND HIS PROJECTS

MICHEL BRULÉ AND HIS PROJECTS 
By Bernard Bujold - 
I knew Michel Brûlé well but always from a distance because he was much too unpredictable for me and I kept my distance. 
As a publisher of paper books, he was out of the ordinary but he knew how to make his publications profitable. 
In his other projects, however, he was always too ambitious, both in his political campaigns and with his Internet magazine. 
For his internet project, launched in 2006, he asked me about the business plan of my own internet magazine launched in 2005 www.LeStudio1.com . I didn't hear from him after our discussion, except one morning in January 2006 when he invited me to a press conference to announce the launch of his magazine MIR. His concept was very ambitious but it lasted only five months because it was too ambitious. He had gathered about forty columnists from all over Quebec and he wanted to become the internet reference and surpass Facebook and Google of this world, nothing less... 
How will I remember him? 
As the one who said he was "untouchable"! 
But he made the mistake of believing that because he had been the legendary David against Goliath once (the book industry), he believed that he could be the legendary David everywhere else, and that's where his life failed. 
SEE HIS BIOGRAPHY 

Aucun commentaire: