mardi 18 mai 2021

JUDGE JOHN GOMERY (1932-2021)

JUDGE JOHN GOMERY (1932-2021) 
By Bernard Bujold - 
Personally, I did not know the John Gomery "farmer" but rather the one who was in my neighborhood in Old Montreal.
Every time I walk in front of his condo garden, still today in 2021, I always think of this character who seemed to me a great romantic in front of human justice.
The man who made a name for himself with the Commission of Inquiry on Sponsorship (2004 and 2005) is no more... 
He loved living in Old Montreal but left the city around 1995 to settle on a farm in Havelock, a small rural community located a few kilometers from the U.S. border (not far from Hemmingford and Huntingdon). 
Judge John Gomery had a sense of humor, enjoyed talking to people, and was a wine connoisseur... 
He had the kind of retirement that many dream of having! 

SEE BIOGRAPHY (farm) 

SEE WINE INTERVIEW 

SEE OBITUARY 

Aucun commentaire: