mardi 4 mai 2021

MY SUMMER READING FOR 2021

MY SUMMER READING FOR 2021 -
By Bernard Bujold - 
As the summer of 2021 approaches (June 20), I have chosen the three books that will accompany me until next fall. 
1. The first is a biography THE MYSTERY OF ROBERT MAXWELL and in particular his last year of life. I met the character three times while he was dating the Quebec press magnate Pierre Péladeau. Maxwell was a kind of friendly giant but he could become, without warning, a dragon monster...; 
2. In this time of Coronavirus, the second book is MEDITATIONS - MARCUS AURELIUS, the favorite book of Bill Clinton and several presidents of technology companies on the American West Coast ; 
3. My third book is by Jean-Louis Roy, SHANGHAI 2040, a novel described by the publisher as poetic but which I consider more of a political essay that identifies China as the master of the world in 2040. 
I will keep you informed of my impressions after reading each of these three books. 
To be continued... 

Aucun commentaire: