lundi 13 juin 2022

THE LOVE OF CYCLING... AND LIFE


THE LOVE OF CYCLING... AND LIFE - 
By Bernard Bujold - 
For a good ten years, I loved to ride my bike on the Gilles Villeneuve circuit. Then this year in 2022, I gave up everything and I left the bike in the garage. I suddenly lost all my passion for going on the track and I thought I must be aging very badly... 
But here is in Le Devoir published this morning (Monday June 13, 2022), a few days before my birthday on June 28, a report on the danger of riding a bike on the Gilles Villeneuve circuit. Danger of collisions sometimes even fatal between cyclists... 
Personally, I had noticed for about 5 years, the degree of intolerance, even physical violence and verbal intimidation, between cyclists on the circuit. Many cyclists overtaking each other in a hurry, at the risk of causing pile-ups (serial falls). Finally, it was not me who was getting old, but the Gilles Villeneuve circuit and its cyclists! 
Fortunately, as far as I'm concerned, I was able to replace the bike on the circuit by the safer one in my gym... 
Have a good summer 2022! 
SEE THE DEVOIR 
SEE PHOTOS

Aucun commentaire: