dimanche 29 septembre 2019

OCTOBER AT THE MUSEUM - 2019








OCTOBER AT THE MUSEUM - 2019 
by Bernard Bujold -
I could not let the arrival of October 2019 on the calendar pass without greeting my spiritual friend "OCTOBER" in residence at the Musée des Beaux Arts de Montréal. I have adopted James Tissot's work and on each visit I go to say hello to her, a little like an old lover.... 
My visit was appropriate because I learned, with great sadness, that the work OCTOBER will be on loan from September 30 to the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco for a special exhibition surrounding James Tissot. 
Life is no longer the same without OCTOBER! 
Even the canvas that replaces it is in pain of love! 
I have of course some other works that I consider to be favorites and that I contemplate at each visit including "CLAIR DE LUNE" by Henri-Joseph Harpignie and "PAYSAGE (AVEC MARINE)" by Georges Michel but none replace OCTOBER in my heart! 
I also took the opportunity of my visit, this Sunday, September 29, to have a coffee and see the misdeed that one or more breakers did on the exterior wooden sculpture while the left arm was stolen. (Charles Joseph - Residential School Totem Pole). A sad and above all bizarre action! Fortunately, we will learn a few days later that the arm will be returned back over.
Have a good fall 2019 and have a good trip my dear OCTOBER! 
SEE PHOTO ALBUM

Aucun commentaire: