mardi 23 janvier 2024

THE GENERATIONS OF 2024

THE GENERATIONS OF 2024- 
By Bernard Bujold -
When I was growing up in my village in the Gaspé, community spirit was very much a part of everyday life, and often three generations lived in the same house. If there's one peculiarity of the population in 2024, it's the difference in how they deal with the people around them, especially as cities are filled with anonymous condo buildings! 
I've noticed that people under 50 are generally discreet and in their own bubble, barely saying hello to those around them; people 50 and over like to chat a lot and are always curious about others, sometimes verging on the indiscreet; and people over 70 are definitely very sociable, hating solitude and showing boredom with life, and sometimes even naive about the other people around them. Hence the reason, I imagine, that some elderly people are often victims of abuse and fraud of various kinds. They trust too much! 
I thought my perception was personal, but I've discussed it with several of my friends and neighbors. They agree with my observation... The question is: why such a difference from the past? Perhaps the Internet is one reason? This promises to be the case with the arrival of artificial intelligence in 2024... 
How do I behave? I'm young in spirit, but I have the unpredictable behavior of an old man alone on the mountain with his dog... 

Aucun commentaire: