mercredi 21 juillet 2021

LIFE IN 2021

LIFE IN 2021- 
By Bernard Bujold -
Friends ask me how I lived through the coronavirus crisis? 
I tell them that, in my opinion, the world has totally changed but that the important thing in life is to survive. 
In my case, I survived, even if I had to hold the ends together with a spit sometimes! 
I remember like it was yesterday the day the virus was announced. I had gone to Complexe Desjardins to get masks after the announcement in the media and I came face to face with a Chinese New Year's party. Hundreds of Chinese people... 
It was Saturday, January 25, 2020! 
The world has never been, nor will it ever be the same as it was before that date. 
While I managed to survive the Coronavirus, I did lose my ability to dream that we can change the world. You don't change the world. We are resilient and adapt to the world rather than it to us. 
In addition to the virus, I had to deal with a few personal disappointments since the beginning of 2020, including the departure of Nathalie Bondil as director of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts; and of course the failure of Donald Trump in the American presidential election. 
But we must accept what we cannot change, as Marcus Aurelius wrote in his texts MEDITATIONS, and live in the present moment because nothing else is a reality, neither the past nor the future. 
I wish you a good survival and pleasant "present moments".
Happy vacations 2021! 
SEE PHOTOS 

Aucun commentaire: