jeudi 1 juillet 2021

CANADA DAY 2021

CANADA DAY 2021- By Bernard Bujold - 
Canada Day on this Thursday, July 1, 2021 will be different, still under the influence of lock down on the one hand, but mostly because of the orphanage scandal on the other hand. 
The orphanage scandal casts a particular light on the political and religious leaders of the 1890-1960 era and their actions at the time clearly highlight the lack of humanity towards the First Peoples. 
Life is unfair to some and generous to others. It's a matter of fate, I guess! 
Personally, Canadian political life has brought me much happiness in my life and I have loved living in Ottawa, the capital of Canada. I have many memories of my good times with Brian Mulroney in 1984 when I dreamed of being able to help change the world and when my two children were proof that happiness exists. 
I have always enjoyed celebrating Canada every year, but 2021 brings back memories of some very sad moments in the country's history. In fact, all of our society's life since March 2020 has taken on a moribund look for humanity. 
But we must always know how to live in the now moment and, fundamentally, we must accept that the past is in the history, and that the future is to be created. 
Happy Canada Day and let's wish each other a generous and peaceful future with dreams of accomplishment and happiness. 
SEE PHOTO 

Aucun commentaire: