samedi 12 juin 2021

THE WAVE OF THE GASPÉSIE -

THE WAVE OF THE GASPÉSIE - 
By Bernard Bujold - 
When I was 20 years old, I had to make a choice between staying in Gaspésie or leaving for the big city.
We were at the time two young colleagues of the same age and with the same ambitions and we were both hosts at the local television CHAU-TV in Carleton. 
He stayed and I left. 
I often wonder about my departure and sometimes ask myself what my life would have been like if I had stayed? 
I chose to apply Shakespeare's phrase in the text Julius Caesar: "... There is a wave on the ocean of life, which if caught at the right time on shore will lead the ship to new lands full of hope and promise... ". 
Over the years, my colleague became the director at the local television station and he is still there today. 
I, unlike in the romantic legend of Ulysses in the Odyssey, after my travels, the wave forgot to take me back to my native land, and I sometimes feel nostalgic about it... 
SEE PHOTOS 

Aucun commentaire: