mardi 22 juin 2021

READINGS FOR THE SUMMER 2021

READINGS FOR THE SUMMER 2021 -
By Bernard Bujold -
I just finished the second book of my trilogy for the summer of 2021. I first read Jean-Louis Roy's excellent book on China, SHANGUAI 2040; and now I have just finished MEDITATIONS by Marcus Aurelius. 
This work by Aurelius is a classic of philosophical literature but I had never read it. In summary, we must live our lives in the present moment without feeling sorry for the past or worrying about the future because neither of these two times exist except the present moment. We must also accept tragedies or successes as natural events of life and never forget that they will quickly become memories and disappear into history. We must focus our life efforts on the events we can change and live the others as destiny. Finally, we must live our lives for ourselves and never for the approval of others around us.  MEDITATIONS is a true guide to life. 
I now have a third book to read, the biography of Robert Maxwell, a person I knew and even met three times with Pierre Péladeau, the founder of Quebecor. I will tell you more about this book FALL - THE MYSTERY OF ROBERT MAXWELL, once I have finished reading it. 
To be continued! 

Aucun commentaire: