mardi 2 avril 2024

SOCIAL MEDIA IN 2024 -

SOCIAL MEDIA IN 2024 - 
By Bernard Bujold -
Social media are increasingly becoming virtual cemeteries... 
Indeed, there isn't a day that goes by when I don't learn, via social media, of the death of an acquaintance or well-known personality. Modern social media (Facebook, X, or Linkedin) remind me of the radio obituaries of my childhood. However, the radio of yesteryear was faster than social media because sometimes I don't learn of someone's death until years later, after the event... 
On my Facebook, I have dozens of links (friends) who are long dead and buried, but who still appear on the medium, which has become a virtual graveyard... Only Instagram hasn't yet embraced the model. 
Anyway, when I die, don't look for me in cemeteries, virtual or real, because my ashes will have been scattered on the sea in Gaspésie, in front of the church and cemetery of my native village... 
Happy spring 2024! 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=bernard.bujold&set=a.10168746663970541

Aucun commentaire: