dimanche 13 décembre 2020

CLAUDE CASTONGUAY (1929-2020)

CLAUDE CASTONGUAY (1929-2020) - 
By Bernard Bujold- 
It was the spring of 2018 and we were both at the IGA on Nun's Island doing our shopping on a weekday morning. I couldn't resist and I photographed it for a glance (April 20, 2018). 
It's a really "telling" picture of the energy Claude had. He was approaching 90 years old and he is straight as an "oak tree". It is also a photo illustrating a simple but essential social activity: grocery shopping. Claude was a man of the essential! 
I was not close to Claude Castonguay and I only knew him by reputation but I often met him either at the grocery store or at the convenience store. I had met him at the ceremony surrounding the death of Jacques Parizeau while he was standing in line in front of the Caisse de Dépôt where the former minister was on display. 
Claude Castonguay had a superior vital energy but he remained very accessible and he loved people. I would have liked to have known him better... 

Aucun commentaire: