lundi 7 décembre 2020

CHRISTMAS - THE FESTIVAL OF LOVE OR LONELINESS

CHRISTMAS - THE FESTIVAL OF LOVE OR LONELINESS -
By Bernard Bujold-
The existential question that many people ask themselves at this time of year is how to define Christmas! 
Is it the feast of love or of solitude? 
According to the Larousse dictionary, solitude is defined as a personal freedom to astonishment, to the wonder of being alone in the world, alone to carry one's destiny, alone to be able to share it. According to this definition, solitude is therefore a great wealth. 
Yet many people are sad to be alone at Christmas! 
Love, as opposed to loneliness, is impossible to decide and it is instinct that decides. Divorcing parents are often blamed for not trying hard enough! It is impossible to force love! The source of divorce and lack of love is at the beginning of marriage! People think they can turn a bad spouse into a good one, but this is impossible. You have to make the right choice in the first place. Being divorced myself, this is my observation. My instincts told me at the time of my marriage that it wasn't the "right person" or the "right love" but I persisted in telling myself that it would work. For me, a marriage was like buying a house and I told myself that I was going to adjust to the person and that the important thing is to start the project. I was wrong about everything except that the union resulted in the creation of two beautiful children that I love and that in itself is a great success. 
Yes, "great love" exists and our instincts know how to recognize it and not everyone is universally suitable as a spouse. If love is not in our lives, then we must accept and appreciate the great beauty of solitude. 
Merry Christmas 2020! 
www.lestudio1.com

Aucun commentaire: