samedi 22 juillet 2023

LIVING WITH THE LIVING-

LIVING WITH THE LIVING- 
By Bernard Bujold -
An essential tool for keeping an eye on life is Facebook... 
Indeed, every week I learn of the death of a friend, and of my thousands of Facebook connections, a good hundred have died over the years, but their page often remains online. A sort of eternal life or virtual tombstone... 
I'm always curious about the way people choose to die. Some people at the end of life want to leave lying on a hammock in their garden cottage, looking out over the river; others ask for medical assistance in dying; but many are victims of a stupid mechanical accident or of the human body when it's not a war or the work of a madman! Television dramas are more dramatic, and some have their characters die from a bull... 
Personally, if I had the choice, I'd like to die in a church, sitting in a pew, calm and with no human presence other than that of silence, which some people identify with God. I'm not a churchgoer, but I like the concept of the church! 
However, in the end, while waiting for D-day, I apply the advice of an acquaintance: "You have to live with the living and leave the dead with the dead, otherwise you become dead too!" 
Happy summer 2023! 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=bernard.bujold&set=a.10167881381070541

Aucun commentaire: