samedi 20 février 2021

THE END OF THE WORLD AT THE NOTRE-DAME BASILICA IN MONTREAL

THE END OF THE WORLD AT THE NOTRE-DAME BASILICA IN MONTREAL- 
By Bernard Bujold -
It is written in the Bible that one day the end of the world will come... 
We could believe that we are living this event in 2021 so much the institutions and all our civilization fall. The last victim is the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal which is in a financial situation of bankruptcy and there is even talk of selling it to the Caisse de dépôt or directly to the government. I have visited the Basilica a lot over the years. 
I have attended many funerals of famous people such as Paul Desmarais, René Angélil and Gilles Carle; I have heard Gérard Depardieu read Saint-Augustine in a show; I have attended a papal exposition; I have sat in the pew where Fidel Castro sat at the funeral of Pierre Elliott Trudeau; and I named the Basilica in response to someone who asked me where I would like to die... 
While I was very happy when the museum expert, Manon Blanchette, became the director of the Fabrique, I was very surprised to see her leave because of a quarrel with the organization over a Quebecor sponsorship... 
In 2021, I saw the total collapse of the Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal. We can say that the end of the world has arrived! 
SEE REPORT LE DEVOIR 

Aucun commentaire: