jeudi 19 octobre 2017

GILBERT, ERIC AND THE OTHERS...


GILBERT, ERIC AND THE OTHERS... 
By Bernard Bujold - 
In the space of half a day, two giants of the Quebec entertainment industry have fallen to the ground completely! 
First Eric Savail Wednesday morning, then early in the evening it was the turn of Gilbert Rozon. 
Personally I do not know Salvail and I only met him once in my life while he was working for Julie Snyder. Since I'm not a homosexual and I was a good friend with Julie at the time, the contact did not work between Eric and me, beyond the usual greetings, at the Montreal Ritz... 
In the case of Gilbert Rozon, the situation is very different because I know him very well! I met him in person dozens of times and I even discussed possible work for me with him while I was actively looking for a job after the death of Pierre Péladeau in 1998. I also attended several of his performances back stage or been at private events including one of his birthdays organized by one of his vice-presidents who knew me. 
If I liked Rozon, he never liked me and I soon realized that the character, either feared me or did not like my style... 
I had confirmation of this the day one of Rozon's three sisters, with whom I was very close, offered to ask Gilbert to hire me while my job search was stalling everywhere. Gilbert's sister told me that he was able to help me and that she would ask him to find me a job in his vast empire. However, a few days later, very uncomfortable, she was telling me that she had spoken to him but he had told her that there was nothing available, for the moment! I was not surprised because six months before, I had been selected for a communication job in the Festival by the director of the English section, but when Gilbert had seen me in the office of his manager, I was  contacted the next day and told that the process was stopped because of budget issue ... 
To say that I am sad for the woes of Gilbert this Wednesday evening of October 18, 2017 would be lying, on my part... 
In my opinion, Just For Laughs will be sold to Evenko by Christmas ... 
What will be next for the entertainment world? First it is obvious that the two stars of Wednesday are completely out of play for life! But the worst is that there will be more in the coming weeks. Characters like Eric and Gilbert are still in the game, not just in entertainment... 
The question is who will be next? 
I have five or six names in mind but I will not make predictions. I prefer to stick to political projections ... 
To be continued! 
SEE REPORT THE PRESS

Aucun commentaire: