By Bernard Bujold -
On September 11, 2001, I was in the midst of a professional upswing, having just taken on the role of communications director for Air France in Canada.
It was a wonderful new challenge for me, following a career in politics (Brian Mulroney) and finance (Quebecor), especially since Air France was planning to expand the Canadian market to France by doubling the number of daily flights.
I remember that sunny fall morning as I waited in the restaurant of the Montreal tower where Air France had its Canadian offices.
When I saw one of the planes crashing into the World Trade Center on the restaurant’s TV, I thought it was the trailer for a new fiction movie.
Reality surpassed fiction...
All of Air France’s projects in Canada were shelved, and for me, that marked the end of the aviation dream.
One great consolation: I wasn’t in one of the towers in New York that morning of September 11, 2001…







Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire